Events – A Big Weekend in Sydney for the ALTG on November 11-12
2016 ALTG Lung Cancer Symposium, November 11-12
Registrations are open! The inaugural 2016 Lung Cancer Symposium is being held on Saturday, November 12 at the Hilton Hotel, Sydney. Full travel and accommodation support are being provided for this exciting event, thanks to an educational grant from AstraZeneca. We will also be joined by colleagues from New Zealand and China, reflecting the ALTG’s growing profile in the region. View the Programme and register.
- Opening remarks from Lillian Leigh, one of our Consumer Advisory Panel members
- Plenary sessions by two international speakers – Glen Goss and Keunchil Park
- Outstanding local faculty – Wendy Cooper, Alex Dobrovic, Mary Duffy, Rina Hui, Tom John, Steven Kao, Trishe Leong, David Manners, Michael Millward, Paul Mitchell, Nick Pavlakis, Nicole Rankin, Rob Stirling and Nico van Zandwijk
- The latest on molecular testing, PD-L1 and liquid biopsy
- An update from ESMO and discussion on implications for practice and guidelines in Australia
- An interactive discussion about how the best collaborations between cooperative groups and industry work
- PLUS sessions on early diagnosis and screening, targeted therapies, mesothelioma and translating evidence into practice
ALTG Members’ Meeting, November 11
The next Members’ Meeting will be held on Friday, November 11 at the Hilton Hotel Sydney*, prior to the 2016 ALTG Lung Cancer Symposium. By hosting these events on consecutive days we hope members are able to make the best use of their time. The focus of this Members’ Meeting will be to take a strategic view of the group’s portfolio and create a gap analysis of our clinical research activities, as a framework for developing new trial concepts. View the draft agenda and confirm your attendance either by registering for the 2016 ALTG Lung Cancer Symposium (the registration form includes an option to RSVP for the Members’ Meeting) or emailing Ros.
*Note: this replaces the previous October 21 placeholder for the next Members’ Meeting.
Shine A Light Dinner, November 11
With the number of members we expect in Sydney for the ALTG Members’ Meeting, Lung Cancer Symposium and NIVORAD Investigator Meeting, we are co-hosting a dinner with the Lung Foundation to “Shine A Light on Lung Cancer”. Shine A Light is an annual campaign to raise awareness and funding for lung cancer research – join us for an evening of good food and wine with the Lung Foundation, to support this important cause. RSVP for the dinner directly to Ros or when registering for the 2016 ALTG Lung Cancer Symposium.
NIVORAD Investigator Meeting, November 11 (closed meeting)
A closed investigator meeting for ALTG 14/002 NIVORAD will also be held at the Hilton Hotel Sydney on November 11, in the morning. NIVORAD investigators have already been sent an invitation – please contact the NIVORAD team with any questions about participation. You can also confirm your RSVP for the investigator meeting when registering for the 2016 ALTG Lung Cancer Symposium.