Idea Generation Workshops
ALTG is filling its pipeline of new research concepts through a series of idea generation workshops that began mid-2014. The SAC is currently working with the lead researchers to develop five new concepts, with the aim of initiating two new trials by the end of this year. Looking ahead, we are keen to encourage as many of our members as possible to get involved as we continue to run workshops and explore other ways to keep new research ideas flowing.
Two workshops were held in the past year to generate and advance new ideas for clinical trials. In July 2014 at a day-long, standalone meeting in Sydney participants brainstormed new ideas in breakout groups covering six topics:
- Early NSCLC – Chaired by Gavin Wright and Shalini Vinod
- Advanced NSCLC – Chaired by Brett Hughes and Tom John
- Small cell – Chaired by Michael Millward and Danielle Ferraro
- Mesothelioma – Chaired by Anna Nowak and Steven Kao
- Diagnosis and screening – Chaired by Kwun Fong
- Supportive care – Chaired by Janette Vardy, Haryana Dhillon and Michael Franco
This was followed in April 2015 by a half day meeting held in Melbourne during the ALTG Annual Scientific Meeting. Across both workshops, participants contributed to the generation of more than 20 ideas that were presented, discussed and prioritised for further development. The SAC is currently working with the lead researchers to further develop five new concepts, with the aim of initiating two new trials by the end of this year.